The Early Childhood Legislative Caucus members are those senators and representatives who have agreed to strengthen the political will to protect Oklahoma’s youngest citizens. They do this through bill sponsorship, voting on behalf of the well-being of Oklahoma children and their families and by notifying us regarding pending legislation that will have either a positive or negative impact. In return for their willingness to serve as a member of the Oklahoma Early Childhood Coalition Legislative Caucus we support them in their advocacy role by:
- Providing research and information on Early Childhood Development sources as needed.
- Involving our business/professional leaders – Oklahoma Champions for Early Opportunities (OKCEOs) in support.
- Involving our Early Childhood Coalition of 60 plus Allied Organizations in support.
- Providing information regarding needs and resources available to meet them for the counties represented.
- Inviting caucus members to our early childhood and economic development events and monthly lunch and learn exchanges during the session.