The Potts Family Foundation will be recognizing 32 Oklahoma companies and organizations at the 2019 Oklahoma Certified Family Positive Workplace Awards Ceremony on August 7 at the Central Oklahoma Homebuilders Association, OKC. The Family Positive Workplace (FPW) is one of the Potts Family Foundation’s newest programs in coordination with the Oklahoma Child Care Resource and Referral Association and Sunbeam Family Services.
The goal of the awards ceremony is to recognize companies that have implemented, though their internal policies and procedures, family positive practices that better support their employee base. The most common policy examples include flexible leave and work schedules, child care expense assistance, and paid time off for volunteer work. Parenting seminars and brown bag lunches with information and resources on parenting skills made available to employees are also great ideas with little expense when building a family positive workplace.
“The research on the outcomes of employers implementing FPW policies is extensive and quite strong,” Knutson said. “Companies that have family positive workplace policies in place have an easier time in both attracting new employees and retaining existing employees and experience increased productivity, loyalty
and improved morale.”
Companies receiving awards this year are:
- Brief Media
- Camp Fire Green Country, Inc.
- Cimarron Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Citizens Bank of Edmond
- Compsource Mutual Insurance Company
- Dal-Tile Muskogee
- Explorer Pipeline
- Fractionation Research Inc.
- Girl Scouts – Western Oklahoma Inc.
- Jasco Products
- Key Personnel
- La Luz Organization
- Leonardo’s Children’s Museum
- Matrix Service Company
- McClain-Garvin Co Youth and Family Center, Inc. DBA Frontline Family Solutions
- MCSG Technologies
- MSCI Inc.
- Oklahoma City Zoo
- Oklahoma Department of Labor
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation
- Palomar: Oklahoma City’s Family Justice Center
- ReMerge of Oklahoma County, Inc.
- Security National Bank of Enid
- Sunbeam Family Services
- Thayne A Hedges Speech 7 Hearing Center
- The Boeing Company
- The Denny Price Family YMCA
- Tulsa Airports Improvement Trust
- Tulsa Community Foundation
- Youth At Heart
“We congratulate each of these companies and hope they will continue to introduce additional family positive policies, which will strengthening their bottom lines while improving workplace productivity,” said Paula Koos, Chair of the Family Positive Workplace Advisory Committee and Executive Director of the Oklahoma Child Care Resource and Referral Association. The application process is open year-round with deadlines for yearly recognitions in May of every year. Companies and organizations interested in participating in this free recognition process are encouraged to review FPW certification criteria by following the sub-tab Apply 2019 from the Family Positive Workplace tab.